Chief Beef bars are brilliant when you're on the move and can't get your hands on a healthy meal. They'll fill your belly with a healthy, highly nutritious snack that can pass for a meal when you need it to. It's often our breakfast or lunch when we're too busy to stop for a meal.
But they're also a great way to save time and money in the kitchen! One of our favourite ways is to use them as a meaty topping on top of pizza.
We love a good ham or prosciutto every now and then, but all processed meats like this are really high in salt and most often full of nasty preservatives like nitrates and nitrites that you want to avoid as much as possible.
Using Chief bars is a cleaner option when you want to add some meat to your pizza, especially when it's a healthy pizza! Here's our favourite recipe which gets a workout at least once a week!
Ingredients (serves 2):
- 2 x pizza base or large pita bread
- A drizzle of olive oil
- 1 x tub of Leggo's pizza sauce or tomato paste \
- 2 x shredded carrots (squeezed to get the juice out)
- 2 x shredded zucchinis (squeezed)
- Diced cherry tomatoes or thinly sliced tomatoes
- 2 x diced Chief Beef & Chilli bar
- Shredded cheese (I like a mix of tasty and mozzarella)
What to do:
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees
- Grab a baking tray and cover with baking paper
- Put your pizza bases on top of the baking paper and give a light drizzle with olive oil (if your bases are frozen, throw them in the oven for 10 min at this point)
- Cover the pizza bases with pizza sauce/tomato paste
- Squeeze all the juice from the shredded carrots and zucchini and add to your pizzas
- Add your tomatoes and Chief Bar on top
- Cover with cheese
- Throw in the oven until golden brown
- Remove from the oven, slice it up and enjoy!