This recipe is an easy assemble lunch option. Just make the Caesar Dressing in advance and take to work in an airtight jar or container. Just tip and mix with the salad ingredients for a high-protein, clean and filling lunch.
Prep time: 5 minutes
- Caesar Dressing
- ½ cup unsweetened
- Greek yoghurt
- ½ lemon, juiced
- 2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 1 anchovy in olive oil, finely chopped
- ¼ cup finely grated
- Parmesan, plus extra for garnishing
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- Pinch freshly ground black pepper
- 2 slices sourdough bread, sliced into 1cm cubes
- 1 head Cos lettuce, roughly chopped
- 1 medium Lebanese cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1 medium avocado, sliced
- 1 ½ packets Chief Traditional Biltong
Preheat the oven to 180 degrees. Place the bread onto a baking tray and place into the oven. Bake for 20 minutes until golden brown and crunchy to bite.
While the bread is toasting, add all the ingredients for the Caesar Dressing into a medium bowl. Mix well to combine.
Add the lettuce, cucumber, avocado, toasted croutons and Chief Biltong into the bowl with the dressing. Gently toss to coat well. Divide the salad between bowls. Top with extra flakes of Parmesan to serve.
Buy Chief Biltong